Hash is one of those comfort foods that just makes you feel better. I love the stuff and could eat it any time of the day. Potatoes are a no go when you are low carbing but that doesn’t mean you have to give up comfort food.
For this recipe you’ll need: cauliflower, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, celery, bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
This cauliflower and bacon hash is gooey, buttery, cheesy, salty, smoky goodness right there on the fork. It doesn’t take very long to make at all and you can use it as a side dish, as a main dish, or with a hearty country breakfast.
My granddad was one of those old fashioned types that believed in a hearty breakfast to stave off the frigid Michigan winters he had grown up in. He was the one that cooked at my grandparents and I am not sure why. I was quite young when they died so I don’t remember a lot. I do remember that he made amazing breakfasts with hash, apple and sausage pies,eggs, pancakes, and biscuits. I swear the breakfast table was straight outta Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Farmer Boy.
Obviously eating that way isn’t going to get you to your target weight but this hash will. The aroma of bacon and onions wafts through the entire house while it is cooking. I swear, I could eat it every day.
Table of Contents
Bacon and Cauliflower Hash (Induction)
- 1 pound cauliflower broken in small florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno optional
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon applewood smoked or peppered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1//2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Cut the bacon up into a medium dice.
- Cook it until it is crisp and brown.
- Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Saute the cauliflower, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and celery until very tender.
- Add the bacon back to the pan and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Drain off the remaining bacon fat, stir in the cilantro, and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Cover for a minute to let the cheese melt.