A big thank you to Torani for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Whether you’ve got big vacation plans or are going to do your best to enjoy your summer staycation this low carb Blue Lagoon cocktail recipe will sweep you away to sandy beaches and blue skies! Deep Caribbean blue color, refreshing fizzy bubbles, and a tropical coconut-pineapple flavor with just a hint of almond makes this drink summer stylish! Are you ready for #AToraniVacation?! Messaging below intended for readers age 21 and up – drink responsibly, y’all!
For this recipe you’ll need: botanical grapefruit and rose vodka, silver spiced rum, gin (get a good one with lots of herbal flavor), lime, club soda or sugar free ginger ale, sugar free tonic water (optional),? ice,? Torani Sugar-Free Blue Raspberry Syrup,Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup, Torani Sugar-Free Almond Syrup,Torani Sugar-Free Pineapple?Syrup
I have been blessed to have taken several Caribbean cruises over the last few years. One of my very favorite things about those vacations is sitting on the balcony, sipping a fruity tiki drink, and just watching the color of the ocean turn to a gorgeously indescribable blue color as we get closer to our destinations.
Since I have a workload that would overwhelm the biggest workaholic AND I gave the family a Caribbean cruise for Christmas there will be no cruising for me this summer… but that doesn’t mean there wont be some fabulously cruise-worthy drinks like this Blue Lagoon in my future.
Best of all, I can keep it all low carb. Yay me!
So y’all know that I use Torani Sugar Free Syrups a lot. I use them in ice cream, I use them in all kinds of desserts, I add the pineapple sugar free syrup to cottage cheese, and I create amazing 0 carb cocktails every single weekend. There are so. many. syrups! They have over 100 flavors and many of them also come in sugar free versions.
Table of Contents
Tiki Cocktail FAQs
This Blue Lagoon cocktail can definitely be classified at a tiki drink because of the addition of rum as well as the tropical vibe.
What’s in Blue Lagoon, the Cocktail?
The traditional version is basically vodka blue curacao, and lemonade – I am about to post an Electric Lemonade that’s very similar. This is not the traditional version but I think it retains the spirit (get it? Spirit?) of the original.
What is Tiki style?
Tiki drinks because popular in the middle of the 20th century – the 1950s and 60s. It is used in Polynesian style restaurants and clubs that were especially popular during that time. Between Hawaii becoming a state in 1959 and Elvis’s movie, Blue Hawaii, we developed an obsession with all things tropical from pink flamingos to tiki drinks!
What Makes a Drink Tiki?
- Rum. Although there are lots of drinks called tiki drinks that don’t have rum it is considered one of the signatures of a good tiki cocktail.
- Fruit Juice. Ok, this one is kind of out when you are doing low carb but with all of the Torani flavor possibilities you can come up with a pretty good adaption like I did in this Blue Lagoon cocktail.
- Layers of Flavor. There should be sweet, tangy, spicy… whatever you like but more than one flavor so it’s like a parade of tastes.
More Great Cocktails
I do happen to love a good cocktail and there are a bunch of them here on Lowcarb-ology.
- Blood and Sand
- Bloody Zombie
- Christmas Cookie Martini
- Skinny Watermelon Margarita
- Sparkling Planter’s Punch
- Arctic Mule
Win a Year’s Supply of Torani!
Head over the the Torani website, check out the sugar free flavors, sign up for the newsletter and get 10% off your first order order! Then come back here and tell me in the comments what flavor you’d like to see them come up with next.
Plus, enter before July 2 to have a chance to win a 12 month supply of Torani Syrups! Please be sure to follow instructions below. NOTE: DO NOT enter the giveaway without leaving a comment below. You will be disqualified. Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away.
Keep Up with Torani
Follow Torani on social media to keep up with all the “sweet” news and more recipe inspiration!
Blue Lagoon Cocktail
Are you ready for this cocktail? It’s a sweet combination of tropical and tangy flavors mellowed with a touch of almond. It’s so good. If you like a less sweet cocktail use club soda and the sugar free tonic. For a sweeter cocktail use sugar free ginger ale or lemon-lime soda and leave out the tonic.
Make this recipe??? I’d love to see it! Just tag#AToraniVacation and @marye_restlesschipotle on Instagram! If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Blue Lagoon Cocktail
- 2 ounces Botanical Grapefruit and Rose Vodka
- 1 ounce Silver Spiced Rum
- 1 ounces Gin , choose something with a lot of herbal flavor
- 1 ounces Torani Sugar Free Blue Raspberry
- 1/2 ounce Torani Sugar Free Coconut
- 1/4 ounce Torani Sugar Free Almond
- 1/4 ounce Torani Sugar Free Pineapple
- 1/2 lime
- 4 ounces sugar free Ginger Ale or Club Soda Club soda makes it less sweet
- 2 ounces sugar free tonic water , optional
- Pour all of the ingredients into a shaker filled with ice except lime slices, club soda, and tonic water.
- Squeeze half the lime into the shaker.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker is very cold.
- Strain the drink into a glass filled with ice.
- Add the lime slices, tonic water, and club soda.