Quick, easy, and elegant! Low carb chicken Alfredo recipe (4.6 net carbs) is perfect for a quick lunch or a romantic dinner. Tender chicken breast is sliced, ?seasoned with a spicy creole seasoning, and then quickly pan fried while the asparagus is steaming. The homemade Alfredo sauce?is a Lowcarb-ology recipe that you’ll want to have on hand ahead of time.
For this recipe you’ll need: Alfredo sauce (recipe on Lowcarb-ology), chicken breast, Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, Asparagus, Parmesan, Italian parsley, small amount of preferred oil or bacon fat for frying
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the asparagus and chicken Alfredo recipe.
I love Italian food! I could eat it every day, every meal if it wasn’t for the carbs in pasta. To be honest I’ve tried some low carb pastas but I’d rather just have the real thing once in awhile. When you think about it, though, it’s the sauces that make the recipes so good. Marinara, Bolognese, Alfredo… and any of those can be low carb (you’ve GOT to try my low carb Bolognese). You just need a vehicle for getting the sauces into your mouth!
Slice seasoned chicken breast and then fry it. Using cooked chicken from your meal prep day is also an easy option. Once it’s cooked toss it with the steamed asparagus, stir the sauce into it, and sprinkle some extra Parmesan and Italian parsley on the top.?Substitute broccoli for the asparagus, or add a few mushrooms, or whatever you like. Don’t be afraid to change it up to suit your mood.
That’s it. It really is that easy.
Alfredo sauce has to be heated gently or it will separate. If you’ve made it ahead of time you can just warm it slowly on the stove while the chicken is cooking. If it even comes to a full simmer it will separate so be careful. Don’t warm it in the microwave!
Table of Contents
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
If you can’t find Tony Chachere’s seasoning locally Amazon has it. You’ll use it on a lot of things! It’s not too spicy but has a nice heat and a flavor that’s hard to describe.
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Asparagus Chicken Alfredo Recipe: Creamy Low Carb Indulgence
- 1 skinless about 8 ounces, boneless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning Tony Chachere's
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 ounces Asparagus washed, cut in bite sized pieces, and steamed until tender
- 2/3 cup Alfredo Sauce can use less for taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- Slice the chicken breast on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the top and mix until the chicken is evenly covered with the seasoning.
- If possible cover and put in the refrigerator for several hours. If not - proceed with recipe.
- Heat the oil until it is shimmering.
- Add the chicken and saute until it is cooked through.
- Pour off any remaining oil.
- Gently stir in the asparagus.
- Pour the warm sauce over the top and stir gently to cover the chicken and asparagus.
- Heat through.
- Serve topped with Italian parsley and grated Parmesan
If you liked this low carb chicken and asparagus Alfredo you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right (all low carb): Chicken Shawarma, Chicken Pot Pie, Cabbage Carbonara