Authentic chimichurri steak sauce recipe is quick and easy to make. It’ll add a blast of flavor to almost anything you want to put it on AND it has 0 carbs! Garlicky, tangy, spicy… it’s all in this homemade Argentinian condiment!
For this recipe you’ll need: flat leaf parsley, fresh oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, kosher salt, black pepper, olive oil, something to store it in
Chimichurri steak sauce is the South American version of pesto.?Once you taste it you’ll never forget it.
And, can you believe, ALL the chimichurri goodness can be yours with having to ingest one single carb – unless you eat a ton of it, of course. It’s low carb, keto, paleo, vegan, and gluten free!
There are so many different variations of this increasingly popular sauce but I’m partial to the simple, authentic version which has a minimal number of ingredients.
Table of Contents
Homemade Chimichurri Steak Sauce Facts
This stuff is so easy to make. It’s really infallible! Once you try it you’ll be sitting around trying to think of more things you can put it on… or maybe that’s just me.
What does chimichurri sauce taste like?
It’s fresh and herby from the parsley, has a strong taste of garlic, and a little spicy from the red peppers. The olive oil and red wine vinegar bring it all together in a celebration of yumminess that makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
How long can you keep chimichurri sauce?
It will keep about two weeks in the refrigerator if it’s tightly covered.
Can you freeze homemade chimichurri?
You sure can! The easiest way is to freeze it flat in snack sized resealable bags then put the bags in a large freezer bag. That way you can just remove what you need. Some people also freeze chimichurri in ice cube trays and add the cubes to a freezer bag.
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
Making this homemade chimichurri is so much easier when you’ve got a food processor. If you are in the market for one check this out –
This mini food processor is great for things like sauces and small food chores. I love this one –
Try Chimichurri Sauce With-
Here are some foods besides steak, of course, that you can use this sauce with.
- Spaghetti Salad
- Boneless Prime Rib
- Low Carb Pizza Crust – try making a pizza with leftover grilled steak or chicken!
- Farmhouse Style Scrambled Eggs
- Chicken Shawarma
- Low Carb Meatballs
And of course, chicken breast, burgers, salads… it’s good on everything. Well, maybe not dessert.
Authentic Chimichurri Steak Sauce Recipe
This is seriously so quick and easy that you’ll want to have a batch in your refrigerator all the time. It definitely keeps foods from being boring! If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars.
Authentic Chimichurri Steak Sauce
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley , packed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano , packed - you can substitute 1 tablespoon dried oregano but it's not as good
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes , more to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , coarse ground
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil , I like to use garlic or chile infused
- Pulse parsley, oregano, garlic, vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a food processor until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Scrape parsley mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in olive oil until well blended
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before using. This allows the flavors to blend and soften.
- Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.