Easy hamburger stroganoff is hot, creamy, comfort food that won’t throw you off your low-carb eating plan.
I think Texas has gone crazy. It was 8- degrees on Friday and now, three days later, we had a high of 31 and a low in the teens. It was so cold that the kids didn’t even have school.
I know that probably sounds crazy to those of you from places where it gets cold often but we don’t get that kind of cold much?? especially not in March. Just remember, we are not phased by those 110F days that cause rolling blackouts and deaths in the northern areas of the country.
I don’t like the cold. I can handle those scorching hot Texas afternoons with no problem but cold? It hurts me all the way to my bones. I swear. I love the way snow looks as long as I am inside by a fire in a quilt. Add a cup of coffee and the world is a lovely place… as long as I am not out in it.
When the weather is cold I want carbs. Creamy, hot, comfort food with plenty of flavor is exactly what I am looking for. That’s all fine and good but when you have no thyroid gland and just looking at a carb causes weight gain, it is really frustrating. I am always looking for recipes that will handle that craving without making me fat.
This easy hamburger stroganoff really works for me.
It is velvety and creamy with everything I love about beef stroganoff without that one thing I don’t like. Carbs. I like to add the cauliflower into the sauce but your can serve it over the cauliflower, make cauliflower mash and serve it over that, or even make cauliflower rice.
You can make this up and freeze it in batches if you want. It may make the sauce separate but once you heat it up and stir it you won’t be able to tell.
Easy hamburger stroganoff with cauliflower is low carb comfort food that you can make in a snap. It makes it easy to stick to your low carb eating plan!
Table of Contents
Hamburger and Cauliflower Stroganoff
- Bring 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon salt, and the garlic powder to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the cauliflower, turn the heat down, and cover.
- Simmer until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a frying pan until the ground beef is cooked.
- Add mushrooms and stir until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain off fat. Blot with absorbent paper towels to remove as much grease as possible.
- Add the cauliflower, wine, and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese.
- Heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.