Low carb, hot bourbon milk punch recipe is a warm cup of comfort on a chilly day! This classic Southern cocktail is deceptively sweet and milky with a kick from both rum and bourbon. Just 1 carb per serving – it’s the perfect way to visit New Orleans vicariously!
For this recipe you’ll need -?heavy cream, half & half, unsweetened cashew milk, sugar free vanilla syrup (I used Torani) bourbon, white or spiced rum, sweetener of choice, ground ginger, freshly grated nutmeg
Jump to Recipe
I have a shocking confession to? make. Although I have been to such faraway places as France and Belize I have never ever? been to New Orleans, which is just 8 hours or so away from Dallas. It’s kinda crazy, too – because it’s one place that I’ve always wanted to go.
But not during Mardi Gras.
I have a deep seated fear of large crowds – something that makes everything from the State Fair to Christmas shopping at the mall somewhat of a grueling activity for me and something I avoid. So, no Mardi Gras for this girl.
Still, I love history and old architecture AND good food so I think that a visit is probably in order soon. In the meantime I will just keep visiting through the flavors of the city – things like Dirty Rice and this Bourbon Milk Punch!
This slightly sweet, vanilla infused cocktail can be served warm or cold – but I prefer the warm version. It’s just the right accompaniment to a blustery autumn evening, a crackling fire, and a good book.
Table of Contents
Tips for Making a Bourbon Milk Punch
This is an easy cocktail to make – very straight forward. It’s sure to become one of your favorites!
- Do not boil the liquid ingredients keep the just under a boil- just until bubbles form around the edge.
- Use white rum or spiced rum – either is delicious!
- Try sugar free salted caramel syrup instead of the vanilla.
- Add a dollop of sugar free whipped cream.
- You can shake the ingredients in a shaker instead of blender but be careful – they’re hot!
- Use whole nutmeg and grate it over the top of the drink.
YOU MAY NEED?
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I?ll get a small commission which is used to keep the blog going. It does not affect your cost at all. Thanks so much for your support!
Hot Bourbon Milk Punch Cocktail Recipe
You’ll love the sweet, smooth flavor of this New Orleans classic cocktail recipe! If you’re looking for a fruity cocktail try the Southern Belle!
Hot Bourbon Milk Punch - Low Carb
- 2? ounces heavy cream
- 2 ? ounces? half-and-half
- 2 ounces water or unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar free?vanilla syrup
- Sweetener to taste
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 ? ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce white rum
- Blend everything except the bourbon and rum in a coffee cup.
- Heat in the microwave until hot - just under a boil.
- Add to a blender with the bourbon and rum.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Pour into a mug and top with a little extra nutmeg.
If you liked this bourbon cocktail recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right (all low carb): Caribbean Rum Punch, Vanilla Old Fashioned, Dirty Shirley