Jalapeno popper casserole? Yes please!
Jalapeno poppers are probably… no, not probably… definitely one of my favorite snacks. Everyone knows that you can’t eat snacks for a meal, right? Here’s what you do?? take the snack and turn it into a side dish.
For this recipe you’ll need: cauliflower heavy cream, butter, bacon, jalapenos, onion, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
Comfort food has to be creamy and full of flavor… and maybe just a tiny bit gooey. Just. Like. This.
This casserole goes great with all kinds of grilled meats but honestly I like it alone with maybe just a salad. You can add a bit more flavor by substituting the butter with bacon drippings. How can anything with more bacon flavor be bad?
You can also freeze this, either in a casserole dish or in portion sizes.
Have you figured out yet that if you are going to eat well on low carb you are going to have to learn to like cauliflower? Think of it a a rite of passage.
Table of Contents
Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 1 pound cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 3 tbsps jalapenos chopped
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided use
- Clean the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Steam until very tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp. Crumble and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Saute the onion and jalapenos until tender.
- Add the cauliflower, cream cheese, cream, and butter to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Mix the cauliflower mixture, the onion mixture, and the bacon.
- Fold in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Spoon into a greased 8 x 8 inch casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
I don’t know about you but right now I am having the hardest time ever staying on low carb. I bet I have gained tn pounds since Thanksgiving and the entire thought of that is too depressing to contemplate. I refuse to get on the scale!
Making the best choices isn’t ever easy but it’s the only way to achieve those goals that we want so desperately to achieve. Take some time today to recommit to your eating plan. Prepare for success by making low carb foods and snacks that you can grab when you are starving. You might even grab a couple of low carb frozen dinners or snacks to stock the freezer just in case you are desperate at some point.
Come on. We can do this!