Who doesn’t love a fudgy, gooey, chocolate dessert, especially when it’s low carb? This decadent keto brownies recipe is made with dark cocoa powder to give them a pure, dark chocolate flavor. They are so easy you can whip them up in 20 minutes or less, start to finish, and you won’t even need a mixer! Browning the butter is optional – don’t worry about it if you’re short on time – but it adds a lot of flavor.
For this recipe you’ll need: almond flour, cocoa powder, chocolate whey protein (mine has 3 carbs and 1g fiber per serving), swerve sweetener, baking powder, salt, butter, egg, sugar free chocolate cookie dough syrup, vanilla extract
I love chocolate. There have been times I’ve manipulated my day’s eating plan to allow for more chocolate and less vegetables. I know – true confessions – but I bet you’ve done it, too.
Well, brownies aren’t something you should eat tons of but these have just 3 net carbs and they are so rich and satisfying that I consider them to be a fat bomb. They’ll be pretty jiggly and gooey when you take them out of the oven and they are almost like a lava cake when they are warm. If you have the personal restraint to let them cool, though, they solidify and become chewy with crispy edges.
And, to me anyway, that’s the perfect brownie, my friends.
So, I have been SO disappointed with low carb brownies over the years. They’d say they were chewy but they always came out cakey for me. I don’t like cakey brownies – to me that’s chocolate cake! Some haven’t been dark enough, some haven’t been sweet enough… and so on. I decided to try?to adapt my favorite fudgy brownie recipe to make them keto-friendly.
I’ve thrown out a lot of chocolate mess. I didn’t throw these out, y’all.
Table of Contents
How to Brown Butter for Best Keto Brownies Ever
Here’s the thing. When you brown butter it takes on a deep, nutty, almost toffee-like flavor. Well, unless you scorch it because then it’s just ick. Browning butter adds extra flavor without adding carbs.? It’s super easy!
- To make brown butter you’ll begin by putting the butter in a heavy saute pan with a light bottom. The light bottom help you to keep track of the color change – you don’t want it to get too brown.
- Place the pan on medium heat and let the butter melt.
- You’ll need to move the butter around in the pan once in awhile, either by swirling the pan or moving it around with a wooded spatula or spoon.
- Make sure the butter is browning evenly.
- As the butter melts it will produce a foam – just gently pull the foam back to keep track of the color.
- When the butter is a light golden brown remove it from the heat – you’re done!
?You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
I use Swerve granulated sweetener in these brownies and it works great!
Fudgy Keto Brownies Recipe
These easy, fudgy, keto brownies are fantastic. I won’t say they are exactly like “real” brownies but they are absolutely delicious! If you’ve got a few carbs left in your allotment warm the brownie up in the microwave and put a scoop of low carb ice cream on it. If you like this recipe please give it 5 stars.
Fudgy Keto Brownies
- Melt the butter and let it turn a golden brown. Don't let it burn!
- Let the butter cool so that it is just comfortably warm to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Grease a small, square baking dish - about 6x6-inches
- Blend the almond flour, cocoa, whey protein, sweetener, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the melted butter, egg, sugar free syrup, and vanilla together until well mixed.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you liked these low carb, keto brownies you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right: Gingerbread Mug Cake, Peanut Butter Mug Cake, Mug Brownie with Peanut Butter Swirl
Still looking? Here are a couple of recipes from some of my favorite blogs…