Table of Contents
Keto Eggplant Parmesan
Keto Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious hot appetizer or side dish which has a very rich taste and crunchy coating. Can you resist this dish? I can't. I really like this combination of melted cheese, crusty almond flour coating, and eggplant. Keto Eggplant Parmesan is perfect for my diet. It can be prepared in less than an hour with simple ingredients. Try it, and you will like this dish too.
Servings 4 people
- 1 Eggplant sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan divided
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella grated
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat an egg with milk.
- In another bowl, mix almond flour, ? cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried basil, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in the beaten egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture. Be sure that every slice is completely covered with both egg and almond mixtures.
- Place the coated eggplant slices on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then flip each slice and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Eggplant slices should be soft and lightly golden on both sides. Remove from the oven.
- Spread half of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place the eggplant slices on the top of the sauce. Add the remaining sauce on top of each eggplant piece. Add Mozzarella cheese. Then, top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly brown. Remove from the oven and top with chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 516IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 2mg
1 thought on “Keto Eggplant Parmesan”
Eggplant parm, my fav.