Table of Contents
Keto Mozzarella Sticks
I'd definitely recommend you make a double or triple batch of this recipe, and use the leftovers breading to make, for example– keto chicken nugget!
Servings 6 sticks
- 6 pcs String cheese
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup Coconut powder
- 2 tbsp Powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Pinch of kosher salt if desired
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Avocado oil for deep frying
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almond flour in a medium bowl, beaten egg in another bowl, and coconut powder also in a different bowl. Add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with coconut flour, mix thoroughly. Add thyme and oregano to the bowl with almond flour, also mix thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, roll cheese strings in a bowl of coconut flour first, make sure to coat all sides. Then carefully transfer cheese strings to bowl with beaten egg, then transfer to the bowl with almond flour. Lightly press all sides with your finger to make sure the crumbs stick to the cheese strings. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in the pan. When it reaches 350 degrees F, deep fry in hot oil until browned on all sides. Enjoy with your favorite tomato sauce.
1. Temperature of oil should be about 350 degrees F. Higher temperatures tend to brown too quickly with cheese melting out 2. Double coat the breading if you like it to be super crispy.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
1 thought on “Keto Mozzarella Sticks Recipe”
Fam loved them