Lavender lemon cookies are sweet, buttery goodness in every low carb bite. Delicate enough for a fancy tea, these pretty cookies are easy to make and you can store the slice and bake dough in the freezer for fresh cookies whenever you want. The lavender adds a unique, citrus flavor to the lemony dough.
To make these lavender lemon cookies you’ll need: butter, sweetener (I used Erythritol), cream cheese, egg, almond extract, almond flour, coconut flour, Meyer lemons, culinary lavender, waxed paper, and a heavy cookie sheet.
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the recipe.
I am a romantic. There’s no way around it, no other explanation, and it doesn’t take long for people to figure it out once they’ve talked to me for more than a minute. I love Victorian style, decor, literature, houses, and tea parties. Especially tea parties.I think it’s such a wonderful ritual, the whole idea of slowing down and having a cup of tea in the afternoon with a little bite of something sweet. I love the big, fancy teas, too. It all seems so civilized and feminine.
I created some lavender lemon cookies for my other blog, Restless Chipotle, which is about regular food — the stuff my family eats. I wondered if I’d be able to create something similar for Lowcarb-ology, the blog where I write about the food that I eat! I wanted a good, basic cookie recipe that was more buttery than my low carb sugar cookies.
Table of Contents
Tips for Making Lavender Lemon Cookies
- I used erythritol because that’s what I happened to have. You can use any measure for measure sweetener that you like.
- Be sure to get culinary lavender that’s specifically for use as an ingredient in food.
- Don’t use too much lavender or your recipe will taste like soap.
- Let these cool on the cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes or they will break apart. They are very delicate.
Lavender Lemon Cookies Low Carb and Gluten Free!
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers of culinary – crushed in between your palms
- one lemon Zest
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and erythritol until light and fluffly.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- WIth mixer on slow speed add the flours and salt.
- Blend well.
- Stir in the lavender and lemon zest until distributed evenly.
- Form into 2 logs and wrap in waxed paper.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice in 1/8-inch slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes — the cookies will break apart if you move them too soon.