This low carb BLT dip is going to be in your favorite recipe box before you know it. You know how everyone gets to eat snacks and stuff on Superbowl Sunday and you are left angrily crunching on bland pork rinds?
For this recipe you’ll need: Ro-Tel brand tomatoes, chipotle in adobo sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, lettuce, salt and pepper.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
Well, no more. Forget it. You are going to absolutely love this. It tastes like a BLT with a pop of smoky heat on it and you can dip celery sticks, slices of Bell pepper, pork rinds, bacon, or grilled chicken breast in it.
You can even eat it with a spoon and it is so very good!I have always loved BLT sandwiches but obviously they are not a good thing for a low-carb diet. This really helps me with that because the flavor is right there. This is really easy and it’s even better the next day. I like to serve it in a hollowed out head of lettuce or Bell peppers. It’s even better the next day.
I am totally not a football fan, I have to admit. It’s kind of weird because football is right up there with church when it comes to Texans. It is holy, something you don’t miss, and it’s frowned on if you talk bad about it. I will never understand it and I am pretty sure in that way I will never be accepted as a Texan. Never. No matter how great my salsa is, no matter how well I craft my chili, because I cannot tolerate football I am forever on the sidelines.
Which is fine because that’s where I keep these snacks!
You know, it’s usually not meals that pull me off the low-carb eating plan. It’s snacks. If you make healthy, low-carb snacks ahead of time it’s a lot easier to stay on board. This low carb BLT dip should stay good in your refrigerator for up to a week.
Table of Contents
Low Carb BLT Dip with a Kick
- 10 ounce can Ro*tel tomatoes One can, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce Up to 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound bacon cooked until crisp and then crumbled into small pieces
- 1 head of lettuce
- Cracked black pepper
- Cut the head of lettuce and hollow it out to make a bowl.
- Chop the lettuce you took out of the “bowl” finely and set aside.
- Mix the mayo, sour cream, crumbled bacon, drained Ro*tel, chipotle, and 1 cup of the chopped lettuce.
- Taste and then add salt and several grinds of cracked black pepper as needed.
- Spoon into the lettuce bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with your favorite low carb dippers.