This low carb Buffalo Chicken and Noodles recipe is quick and easy with lots of spicy flavor. Sliced cabbage “noodles” are sauteed in bacon fat and then topped with a creamy, spicy sauce, chicken, bacon, and bleu cheese.
For this recipe you’ll need: chicken breast, cabbage, bacon, heavy cream, sour cream, hot sauce, smoked paprika, bleu cheese, salt and pepper.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
Maybe it’s because I am from Texas or maybe it’s just genetics but I love LOVE LOVE spicy food and big flavor. I love the flavors in Buffalo Chicken but I really hate chicken wings. This low carb Buffalo Chicken casserole is hearty, filling, and easy with those great big flavors I love. The chicken is already cooked so it goes together fast, too.
Now, I know that a lot of people use Franks Red Hot sauce for their Buffalo chicken dishes — and that’s fine. I am a Louisiana Hot Sauce girl myself and I prefer it to Franks because it’s a cleaner taste to me and much less salty. You do what you want.
True Confessions. Over the past 2 years I have gained back most of the weight I lost. My thyroid meds have been blitzy, I’ve had a lot of weird eating situations, and sometimes I just get tired of being careful. I had been back on low-carb since Christmas but then my son came into town from Okinawa for the month of March. I sure wasn’t going to pass up opportunities to spend time with him AND eat amazing food, was I?
Of course not.
So, I told y’all on Facebook that I was going to be buckling down after he left and I have been. When you have no thyroid, even if you are on meds, your body doesn’t respond quickly to anything but between low-carb induction and the gym I dropped 4 pound in the last week. Hopefully that’s a trend that will continue.
Food like this is helpful to me.
Don’t try to freeze this low carb Buffalo chicken — the results will be less than wonderful. If you want to make it and have it ahead of time it will keep for several days in the fridge — but if you have the chicken cooked it really does go together fast.
I’ll tell you. This is a big serving and, especially if you are serving a side dish as well, could easily be two servings.
Table of Contents
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken and Noodles
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast diced
- 4 ounces sliced cabbage
- 1 slice bacon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Franks,Louisiana, etc
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce bleu cheese
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a heavy skillet.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and saute, stirring often, until the edges begin to caramelize and turn brown.
- Mix the sour cream, heavy cream, hot sauce, and paprika together until smooth.
- Add to the cabbage and stir.
- Add the chicken and continue to heat, stirring often, until warmed through and all the ingredients are coated with the sauce.
- Pile on a plate and add crumbled bacon and bleu cheese to the top.