This comforting dish of low-carb meatballs and cauliflower with your favorite marinara sauce and a dusting of Parmesan is quick and easy.
For this recipe you’ll need: ground beef, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt, onion power, egg. Cauliflower: caulliflower, butter, Parmesan cheese, low carb marinara sauce, salt and pepper.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
If you love Italian food like I do you know that an image of pasta ?on a plate can set off a craving that can spell doom unless you find a way to control it. These meatballs will control it, there’s no doubt in my mind.
What I like to do is to make a huge batch of meatballs and then flash freeze them. If you don’t know how to flash freeze it’s pretty easy. You take the cooked meatballs and place them on baking sheets.Put them in the freezer until they are frozen solid and then you can put them in freezer containers. Since they’re already frozen you can easily remove the amount that you need so they don’t stick together.
The cheap, grated Parmesan in a can works perfectly as a replacement for the breadcrumbs that are usually used to keep meatballs light and tender. I get the really huge one at Costco or Sams when I can find it because it’s pretty inexpensive that way. The Parmesan adds a unique flavor that I like much better than breadcrumbs.
In this recipe the meatballs and marinara sauce are spooned over tender cauliflower that has been gently mixed with butter and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. I could have totally pigged out on this but I served the rest of the meatballs to the family with their spaghetti.
When you are making meatballs always take a spoonful of the meat mixture out and cook it so that you can taste it for seasoning. Even if it’s too salty you can add a little more meat or whatever. I just hate finding out that my dish is inedible when I serve it. 🙂
Double or triple this low-carb meatball recipe and keep a batch of these in the freezer for super quick meals/
Table of Contents
Low Carb Meatballs with Cauliflower in Marinara
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese grated – 3 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cauliflower broken into small florets about 3 cups
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 24 ounce Marinara jar of your favorite
- Mix the ground beef, Parmesan, parsley, garlic salt, onion power, and beaten egg in a bowl.
- Knead with your fingers until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add water as needed to keep the meat moist.
- Gently form into 18 balls, being careful not to compact them too much.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When meatballs are almost finished cooking steam the cauliflower in salted water until it is tender.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and stir in the butter, salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Heat the marinara and add the meatballs to it.
- Spoon the meatball and marinara mixture over the cauliflower.
If you liked Low Carb Meatballs with Cauliflower in Marinara you might also like:
Click on the picture or the name of the recipe to go straight to it, Huevos Rancheros Low Carb Style, Almost Migas, Keto Egg Parmesan.
1 thought on “Low Carb Meatballs with Cauliflower in Marinara”
Two of my favorite things to eat all in one dish.