Low carb sandwich wraps bring your favorite sandwiches back to the table! They are sturdy, taste great, and have just 1 net carb each. Quick and easy, you’ll love lunch again! I’ve filled my sandwich wrap with my favorite California Club sandwich ingredients but you can make just the wraps and fill them any way you like.
For this recipe you’ll need: egg whites, hemp hearts, salt, almond flour?
Plus California Club filling ingredents: alfalfa sprouts, herbed chicken breast, Monterey Jack cheese, ?avocado, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime
Jump to Recipe
I love sandwiches. In fact, I think I began my love of sandwiches when I was age 4 or so and I learned that spooning Spaghetti-Os over a slice of Wonder Bread and topping the slurpy mound with another slice of that soft-as-a-cloud bread made a sandwich. I ate Spaghetti-Os sandwiches well into my adulthood.
Over the years I experimented and created sandwiches with all kinds of fillings – some of which worked and some that are best left forgotten. My question, long before Good Mythical Morning?(warning, don’t watch if you gag easily) asked the “Will it ___?” question, was does it sandwich? And the answer is a resounding, NO. Not everything sandwiches.
Once I started low carbing I totally missed grabbing something and putting it in a sandwich for a quick way to handle hunger during my chaotic days. It’s just not the same wrapping something in lettuce leaves — like don’t ever try it with peanut butter.
Well, once I got this wrap perfected I was ecstatic! The wrap is sturdy enough to hold all kinds of fillings without tearing and it only takes a couple of minutes to make. Plus it doesn’t get soggy! All of that made it a win as far as I was concerned!
I’ll give you my list of fillings in the recipe but I’m not adding them to the nutrition information so that you know exactly how many carbs the low carb sandwich wraps have.
Table of Contents
Tips for Low Carb Sandwich Wraps
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your low carb sandwich wraps! Be patient with yourself, it may take a time or two to get them just right.
- You can make several ahead of time and put pieces of waxed paper between each low carb wrap. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You may substitute coconut flour for almond flour.
- If you use ground pork rinds as a substitute for the flour you can use these on indiction.
- You can also use the grated Parmesan in the green canister as a substitute for the almond flour – also works for induction.
- You may add garlic, onion powder, or other herbs to flavor the low carb sandwich wraps.
- Use a good, large nonstick omelet pan over medium heat and watch carefully.
- Let cool a minute or two before using.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Easy low carb sandwich wraps recipe with just 1 net carb. ” quote=”Easy low carb sandwich wraps recipe with just 1 net carb. “]
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
This nonstick pan is perfect for making these wraps AND as of this writing it’s on sale for 70% off!!
Low Carb Sandwich Wraps Recipe
Give these wraps a try and see what you think!
Low Carb Sandwich Wraps
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 ounces herbed chicken breast or smoked turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 1 wedge lime
- Pulse the ingredients together in a blender until well mixed.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat over medium heat until the pan is hot but not smoking.
- Pour the batter in, swirling to coat the pan with a thin layer of batter
- Cook until golden and the top is shiny.
- Flip and cook a few seconds on the other side.
- Flip onto a plate and fill as desired.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread mayonnaise on the wrap.
- cover with the cilantro, then cheese, then the chicken, then avocado, then alfalfa sprouts.
- Squeeze lime over the top.
- Roll tightly, cut in half, and serve.
If you liked this California Club Sandwich Wrap You May Also Like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right (all low carb): Breakfast Sandwich, Low Carb Yeast Bread, Low Carb Crispy Taco Bowl