These quick and easy keto butter pecan cookies are gluten free but you’d never know it from the shortbread flavor that is rich, buttery, and perfectly crumbly texture. With just 1.1 net carbs for each keto pecan cookie (2 cookies to a serving) this is a low carb recipe you’re going to want to keep handy!
For this recipe you’ll need: chopped pecan, almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, butter, salt, and vanilla extract.
Table of Contents
Keto Butter Pecan Cookies
I think a keto cookie is especially difficult to get “right” when you are adapting to a keto diet. I have trouble getting the right texture and even when I do, sometimes they get soft overnight. These butter pecan shortbread cookies have the perfect, buttery, crumbly texture and they are exactly the same the next day.
In fact, we’re in kind of a cool rainy spell here in Texas with highs in the upper 60s and lots of dark skies and high humidity. I expected that the cookie would be soft the day after I baked them but they held up really well. I didn’t even do anything special , I just dumped them into a Ziploc bag.
This recipe is made to make 20 total keto butter pecan cookies but you can more for the whole neighborhood if you’d like. If you put your cursor (or finger) over the number “10” next to the “Servings” heading in the recipe below, a slider will appear. You can move the slider to the number of servings you want to make. Remember that one serving is 2 cookies.The recipe will change automatically change the amount of each ingredient for you. If this keto recipe makes your taste buds happy, please consider giving it 5 stars. Thank you so much for your support !
Low Carb Butter Pecan Cookie Recipe
This low carb butter pecan cookie tastes amazing. They remind me of a Keebler Pecan Sandies cookie I had as a kid. Best of all, they are sugar free and gluten free so they are much better for me. They are now my new favorite keto dessert. I even like them more than keto ice cream. If you like this recipe, please consider giving it a 5 star rating. Thanks in advance.
Low Carb Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar free sweetener with an electric mixer until lightened and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until well combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Roll the dough into (20) 1-inch balls and place the balls a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with your palm.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a flat bottomed glass to flatten the cookies again to about 1/4-inch thick. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Store on the counter for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. The cookies can also be frozen for up to a month.