This skinny watermelon margarita cocktail is the best way to cool off when the weather gets hot – by why wait until then? With 0 carbs and 108 calories this slushy adult drink will take you right through the weekend! Check out my Planter’s Punch post, as well, and get a special price on Torani Syrups (void after April 30 2018).?This post is meant for adults 21 and above – please drink responsibly.
For this recipe you’ll need: silver tequila, sugar free watermelon syrup, sugar free orange syrup, lime, ice, salt for rim if desired
It’s the first day of spring and I am SO excited about it! It’s no secret that I don’t love cold weather and I am looking forward to sitting on the porch sipping frozen cocktails and watching the world go by. Not that it ever happens that way. You know, life? But I love the idea of relaxing with a cool cocktail – and this skinny watermelon margarita certainly hits the spot.
Losing weight always sounds like a great idea but it almost never sounds like fun. After all, you generally have to give up all the good things – at least that’s what we assume. With skinny cocktails you really don’t have to give up much of anything. The calories are kept low with sugar free syrups and clear alcohols like vodka, rum, gin, and tequila have 0 carbs.
You do need to watch how often you drink though. One day a week or less is fine but alcohol will slow down your weight loss even if it isn’t knocking you out of ketosis.
Table of Contents
Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe Notes
- To make a pitcher of these click on the serving size and move the cursor to increase the number of servings. The ingredients will increase as well.
- If you’d like more watermelon flavor you can float and extra tablespoon of watermelon syrup on the top of the drink.
- For parties make these in Mason jars and seal with the screw on tops. To make them go further add sugar free Sprite instead of ice. Put the drinks in a tub of ice to chill thoroughly.
- Garnishing with a wedge of chilled watermelon won’t add too many carbs and it looks pretty.
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
This bartender’s set has everything you need to mix fabulous cocktails all summer long!
Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe
This low carb cocktail has tons of fruity watermelon flavor thanks to the sugar free watermelon syrup. It keeps the calories very low, too. Made with 1-1/2 ounce of tequila it has about 96 calories. Happy weekend-ing! If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating.
Skinny Watermelon Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar free watermelon syrup , (I used Torani) more as desired
- 1/2 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon orange water enhancer
- 3/4 cup ice
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except the lime wheels to a blender.
- Blend until slushy.
- Pour into a chilled margarita glass.
- Float an extra tablespoonful of the watermelon syrup on top if desired.
If you like this low carb cocktail recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right (all low carb): Bourbon Milk Punch, Vanilla Old Fashioned, Dirty Shirley
Still looking? Here are some recipes from a few of my favorite blogs…