This skinny watermelon margarita cocktail is the best way to cool off when the weather gets hot. But why wait until then? With 0 carbs and 108 calories per glass, this slushy skinny margarita will take you right through the weekend. Please check out my Planter’s Punch post as well for another fun keto cocktail. Please note that this post is meant for adults 21 and above. Please drink responsibly.
For this recipe you’ll need: silver tequila, sugar free watermelon syrup, sugar free orange syrup, a lime, ice, and some salt for rim if desired.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
Table of Contents
How many carbs are in skinny margarita?
It’s the first day of spring and I am SO excited about it! It’s no secret that I don’t love cold weather and I am looking It’s the middle of spring and I am SO excited about it! It’s no secret that I don’t love cold weather and I am looking forward to sitting on the porch, sipping a frozen watermelon cocktail and watching the world go by. Not that it ever happens that way. You know, life gets in the way when you are making other plans. But I love the idea of relaxing with a cool low carb frozen margarita. This skinny watermelon margarita certainly hits the spot.
Losing weight always sounds like a great idea but it almost never sounds like fun. After all, you generally have to give up all the good things that you love to indulge in. Or at least that’s what we assume. With skinny cocktails you really don’t have to give up much of anything. The calories are kept low with sugar free syrups and clear alcohols like vodka, rum, gin, and tequila that just so happen to have 0 carbs.
That said, you do need to watch how often and how much you drink though. One day a week or less is fine but alcohol will slow down your weight loss efforts even if it isn’t knocking you out of ketosis.
How do you make a skinny watermelon margarita?
- To make this skinny cocktail low carb, instead of using real watermelon juice or fresh watermelon juice which has lots of sugar aka carbs, I use sugar free watermelon flavored syrup. Some recipes I’ve seen even use a little simple syrup to up the sweetness. Since simple syrup islots of sugar dissolved in water, it has no place in our low carb lifestyle.
- If you’d like more watermelon flavor you can float an extra tablespoon of sugar free watermelon syrup on the top of the drink.
- If you want to make a pitcher of margaritas, place your cursor over the number “1” to the right of the heading “Servings” in the recipe card. A slider will appear and you can use your cursor to slide it higher for the number of servings you want to make. The ingredient amounts will adjust automatically for you.
- To keep this margarita recipe low carb and skinny you don’t want any added sugar. So things that other margarita’s have in them like orange juice, honey, any fresh juice, any fresh fruit, and any for of simple syrup like jalapeno simple syrup should be avoided. Or used very sparingly.
- To make this an on the rocks skinny watermelon margarita, you can add some sugar free watermelon syrup dissolved in water that you put into your ice cube tray. That’ll give you these tasty ice cubes with a wonderful watermelon color. Yes, you just made watermelon cubes. Or pink ice cubes that look amazing in your margarita glass.
- The watermelon flavors in this cocktail can’t really be overpowered by the tequila that is used in this recipe. Just use a mid-grade tequila and avoid the gut-rot stuff we used to drink as kids. A good silver tequila works great in this margarita recipe as well as other keto cocktails on Lowcarb-ology.com
- For parties make these in Mason jars and seal with the screw on tops. To make them go further, add sugar free Sprite instead of ice. Put the Mason jar filled drinks in a tub of ice to chill thoroughly.
- Garnishing with a wedge of chilled seedless watermelon as it won’t add too many carbs and it looks pretty. A lime slice works just as well and has 0 carbs. In fact I like to use lime juice to coat the rim of my margarita glass and add a combination of salt and just a dash of chili powder for color and a real kick of flavor.
Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe
This low carb cocktail has tons of fruity watermelon flavor thanks to the sugar free watermelon syrup. It keeps the calories very low, too. Made with 1-1/2 ounce of silver tequila it has about 96 calories. Happy weekend-ing! If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating.
Skinny Watermelon Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar free watermelon syrup , (I used Torani) more as desired
- 1/2 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon orange water enhancer
- 3/4 cup ice
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except the lime wheels to a blender.
- Blend until slushy.
- Pour into a chilled margarita glass.
- Float an extra tablespoonful of the watermelon syrup on top if desired.
If you like this low carb cocktail recipe you may also like…
Still looking for a low carb cocktail? Here are some recipes from a few of my favorite low carb cocktail recipes
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right : Low Carb Bourbon Milk Punch, Low Carb Vanilla Old Fashioned, Low Carb Dirty Shirley
1 thought on “Skinny Watermelon Margarita: Slushy Low Carb Cocktail”
Perfection in a glass