Low carb Bavarian Stuffed Waffles are an easy brunch dish with 3 net carbs that tastes rich and decadent. A slightly sweet, delicately almond flavored . Add a sprinkle of , a few tasty colorful fruit like a or and serve. Sorry, my low carb doesn’t include a scoop of . But you can make this ala mode with keto , just make sure to adjust the nutrition values and watch your carbs. is cooked on a and then wrapped around Bavarian filling. To complete this , add a dollop of , or my personal favorite, a little sweetenedIf you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
Table of Contents
or Bavarian stuffed
Yes, these taste like a almond , , , clear stevia drops, monk fruit or other free sweetener, almond extract, , non-stick pan spray, free instant pudding, half and half , , , and for garnish. . Or is it really a Bavarian stuffed ? No matter what you call them, these are delicious ! For this you’ll need: eggs,
I kinda stumbled onto this while trying to play with my . This is the result of a low carb breakfast I was working on. It wasn’t really working out the way I wanted it to. Which actually happens more than I’d like to admit ha ha. Ah the joys of creating and exploring when cooking.
Not surprisingly, I find that a lot of my recipes start out that way!
For whatever reason, I was looking for a thick, crispy that I could make low carb and I ended up with a designer . Once I tasted it though I realized that this “designer ” wasn’t just pretty, the shallow design held filling inside while the soft texture allowed it to be rolled.
How much do you wanna bet that this is how the cronut started? Happy accidents right?
I think you could make these waffles ahead, roll and freeze them but to be honest I haven’t ever frozen them so I’m not sure how that would work. If you do try to freeze them, please let me know in the comments how they came out. My family loves the smell when I cook these and they don’t take long to make.
or designer ?
This makes two rolled waffles. It depends on how hungry you are whether that’s one or two servings. I was quite happy with just one . Or . Or .
Or whatever you want to call them. Or you can just call them delicious.
I don’t eat breakfast as a general rule. When I was growing up, that just wasn’t something we did. I’m one of those people that really does best by eating once a day. My metabolism overloads if it has to deal with food three times a day. Go figure. The one time that I do make an exception to the breakfast ban is if we’re eating out.
I love having breakfast or brunch out. A bowl of cereal or a couple of eggs isn’t worth the calories and the exertion of putting it together. I am all in when it comes to having someone serve me a stack of pancakes, or waffles, or Eggs Benedict… or whatever.
I know you may be thinking, low carb breakfast tends to be super boring. One can only eat so many eggs or so much bacon right? I fondly remember the days of a . Thankfully these tastes crazy good and don’t have all the . covered in
Well, these Bavarian filled waffles ( ??) are probably not something you’re going to make on a daily basis but having the for the weekends is going to make your tummy very, very happy.
Possible Fillings for Low Carb Stuffed Waffles
- Use a different flavor of free pudding – try white , , coconut, … whatever you can find.
- Whip equal amounts of , , and heavy until smooth. Blend in sweetener to taste.
- A low carb or zero carb jelly would be delicious.
- Faux fried apples would be good.
- Peanut is good in anything. Just get one without added .
- free lemon curd with maybe some fresh blueberries.
- This cheesecake filling.
You get the idea. There are just so many possible ways to make stuffed waffles! If you don’t want to make them as waffles just pour the into a pan and make like a .
Low Carb Bavarian Cream Stuffed Waffles Recipe
Low Carb Bavarian Cream Stuffed Waffles
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 10 drops liquid stevia , vanilla flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Nonstick pan spray
Bavarian Cream Filling
- 1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup half and half cream
- 1.5 ounces cream cheese
- Mix the almond flour and baking powder together.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Set aside.
- Beat the yolks, liquid stevia, almond extract, and melted butter until smooth.
- Stir the almond flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites until well blended.
- Spray heated waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Spoon about half the batter on the waffle iron.
- Cook until it stops steaming.
- Remove waffle and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Mix the filling ingredients together until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to assemble waffles.
- Spread 1/2 the filling on one waffle and roll carefully.
- Repeat with second waffle.
- Top as desired.