Cinco de Mayo is coming up and you’re going to want this little tres leches cake on your table. It has all the melt-in-your-mouth creamy goodness of a homemade tres leches cake but with a fraction of the carbs! While this isn’t a cake you’ll want to eat everyday, with just 6 net carbs you can certainly enjoy it once in awhile without stalling.
For this recipe you’ll need: coconut flour, almond flour, vital wheat gluten or low carb vanilla protein shake powder, hemp hearts, white chocolate sugar free instant pudding powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, sugar free vanilla syrup, sugar free hazelnut syrup, heavy cream, egg white, half and half cream, coconut oil, and sour cream.Jump to Recipe
I love tres leches cake! If you haven’t had it before it’s usually a vanilla sponge cake that’s soaked in a syrup made up of cream, sweetened condensed milk, and milk then topped with a whipped cream kind of frosting. It’s got around 122 grams of carbs, y’all. ONE-HUNDRED-TWENTY-TWO.
Holy Moly. That’s my carb allotment for almost two weeks. ?Oh, and with 860 calories you can plan on spending a couple of days on the treadmill. ?(Those nutrition facts from HEB’s website for their tres leches cake which is pretty darn good)
But here we are – a couple of weeks away from Cinco de Mayo. It’s a pretty big deal in my area, plus I love Tex-Mex food AND tequila so all in all it’s one of my favorite holidays. I have low carb recipes for margaritas and low carb recipes for Tex-Mex meals but I couldn’t figure out what to have for dessert.
Until I saw the tres leches cakes at HEB. Yum. I decided to create a cake that was the tres-lechesiest of tres leches cakes but leave out as many carbs as I could. I think I did pretty good. Like most of the recipes here, this cake is for 1 person. You can adjust the serving sizes and the recipe will adjust. I imagine you could make a full sized cake with this recipe and bake it at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean. I haven’t tried it so I’m not promising a thing.
I love my little one serving sized desserts because I don’t keep going back for more. When it’s gone, it’s gone!
Table of Contents
Easy Low Carb Tres Leches Cake for One
Low Carb Tres Leches Cake
- 1 tablespoon coconut four
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon white chocolate sugar free instant pudding powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free classic hazelnut syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg white , stiffly beaten
- Oil for greasing cup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white chocolate instant pudding powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar free vanilla syrup
- Oil one large coffee mug and dust with coconut flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the syrups and cream in another bowl.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in about 1/3 of the egg whites to lighten the mixture. Fold until no streaks remain.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared mug.
- Microwave on high for about 45 seconds, or until the cakes are firm but still wet on top. DON'T OVERCOOK!
- Leave the cakes in the cups for 3 minutes, then pour the soaking milk over the top until just the top of the cake is above the milk.
- Let soak for 5 minutes or until you can?t stand it anymore.
- Remove the cake carefully with a big spoon and let it sit on a paper towel while you fix the topping.
- Top with the whipped cream topping and enjoy.
- Mix all the ingredients together while cake is cooking.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Whip the cream and the pudding mixture together until soft and fluffy. Add the syrup and whip until it?s the consistency of good whipped cream.
IF YOU LIKED THIS LOW CARB CAKE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE..
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right: Gingerbread Mug Cake, Peanut Butter Mug Cake, Mug Brownie with Peanut Butter Swirl