This low carb turkey enchilada casserole is quick and easy with lots of that south of the border flavor we all love. Cooked turkey and green chiles are covered in a creamy cumin laced sauce then topped with a little cheddar and chopped green onions. Add some sliced avocado and a side salad and you’ve got a soul-satisfying lunch or dinner.
For this recipe you’ll need:cooked leftover turkey or turkey deli meat, cream cheese, canned chiles, cilantro, cumin, grated cheddar, green onion tops, and a 1-cup sized microwavable dish
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the recipe.
I am just slightly envious of low-carbers who have their entire family on a low carb eating plan. It seems like it would be so easy to just make one meal for everyone rather than making one for them and one for me. On the other hand if I did that I wouldn’t have anything to write about on Restless Chipotle so I suppose this works well for me. Anyway, that’s why you’ll usually find single serving recipes here. Surely I can’t be the only person following a low carb lifestyle who has a family of skinny carb-aholics?
Mexican food is my kryptonite. I love the fresh flavors and textures of Tex-Mex when it’s made well. I can go through an entire bowl of guacamole without even trying. Cumin and cilantro are intoxicating to me — if Yankee Candle Co ever creates a “Mexican Restaurant” candle I will be the first to buy one.
Unfortunately, the Mexican food I love eating is full of carbs.
I have had to figure out ways to create satisfying meals for myself that are low in carbs but still give me the flavors and textures that I crave. Enchiladas are seriously high on my favorite foods list — especially the chicken enchiladas with creamy chile sauce over the top. So good!
I had some leftover deli turkey and so that’s what I used. You could easily use leftover cooked turkey breast, too.
You’ll also need some kick and flavor. Ortega brand diced green chiles are perfect.
Here’s that turkey enchilada casserole recipe.
Table of Contents
Creamy Turkey Enchilada Casserole
- 2 ounces cooked turkey or turkey from the deli
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin or more if you like the flavor as much as I do
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion tops
- Spray a 1 cup microwave safe dish with cooking spray.
- Add the chopped cooked turkey and the cream cheese.
- Microwave for about 40 seconds or until the cream cheese is soft.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the chiles, cilantro, and cumin.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Microwave about 40 seconds more, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.