Low Carb Raspberry Lemon Cream Cakes are small bites of tender, sweet lemon cake topped with a raspberry glaze. This is not a ?tangy lemon cake but rather a creamy lemon and vanilla flavor. Easy to make, low carb, gluten free, and oh so good!
I made these Low Carb Raspberry Lemon Cream Cakes in a cannelle pan so that they would be pretty but you can make them in a muffin tin if you like. I think the canelle pan gives them a little more tender texture, however.
So, I was making a lemon pound cake for Southern Saturdays on my other blog and smelling all of that lemon made me really crave a cake of my own! The recipe called for chia seeds and I decided right then that I was going to try to make a low carb version. I checked around for something similar and found these Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cakes on Carolyn’s blog, All Day I Dream about Food. I used them as a guideline because everything she does comes out perfectly.
I think these came out pretty perfectly, too.?These tender little bites are perfect for a quick snack or to kill a craving for something sweet. Let them cool completely — the flavor and texture are better after at least an hour. I am not sure why but they are.
I always make my low carb foods in small portions because I am the only one in my family that eats low carb. I love seeing the beautiful big low carb cakes and full casseroles on Pinterest but honestly that would not work around here. These little cakes, muffins, or whatever you want to call them, slip easily into a freezer container and you can freeze them for up to three months — probably more. That way you can enjoy them when you want to without worrying about half of them going bad.
I am hoping this helps me. I have been terrible about staying low carb. I think it is difficult because I am a food writer and I write about “regular” food. It’s difficult to make a chocolate truffle cake without tasting it to make sure you got it right. My family eats really high on the carb meter, too. Those nasty carbs are everywhere and they beckon me, damn them.
Hopefully having low carb stuff like this around more will help.
The following is an affiliate link. If you click through and buy something I get a small commission which helps to support the blog. Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology.
Raspberry Lemon Cream Cakes: Low Carb and GF
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol granulated
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs large
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup 0 carb raspberry jelly
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Spray cannelle pans or muffin tins with cooking spray. I used silicone cannelle pans so they did not need to be sprayed.
- Blend the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, protein powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Blend in the sour cream and coconut oil, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest, chia seeds, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients just until well blended.
- Fill pans about 3/4 of the way up with the mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool in pans for a couple of minutes then turn out to finish cooling.
- Meanwhile, melt the raspberry preserves in the microwave.
- Spoon over the cakes.
If you liked?Raspberry Lemon Cream Cakes you may also like…
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake All Day I Dream About Food
Low Carb Coconut Frenzy Cake I Breathe Im Hungry