Perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner, this Asian Beef Salad has just 7.4 net carbs for the whole thing. Lean ground beef and vegetables are quickly sauteed, then a gingery, sweet-sour sauce is mixed in. Finally, the whole thing is served warm over a bed of crunchy salad and topped with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.
For this recipe you’ll need: soy sauce, rice vinegar, celery, green pepper, jalapeno, dried onions, red cabbage, lettuce, 96% lean ground beef, powdered ginger, sugar free sweetener, roasted hulled sunflower seeds
?If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the Asian beef salad recipe.
I had the grandfather of all cheat days yesterday. We met my sister-in-law for lunch at PF Chang’s, one of my very favorite places to carb up. Pork dumplings, spring rolls, hot and sour soup… I could easily eat my way through the menu.
Well, except for the seafood part.
So you know what happened this morning, right? I woke up craving carbs, and especially Asian food. I combat those cravings by keeping the carbs very low for a day. Plus, I am trying to increase my protein intake and, I don’t know about you but it’s really hard for me to eat 120g of protein!
So, I got up and had 3 scrambled eggs with Hatch chiles (yay for Hatch chile season) and cheese. Then I had ?a protein bar for a snack, and just downed this luscious Asian beef salad for lunch. I ate the whole recipe by myself but you might want to split it in half. The nutrition information is for the whole thing. Maybe I’ll have a protein shake at dinner and that should take care of it — or close to.
I wish someone would come up with a 0-carb, 0-calorie protein drink that tasted like a Watermelon Margarita. Is that too much to ask?
You could serve this over some “cauli-rice” if you wanted to. I like it over the salad because of the crunch factor. Well, that and the fact that sometimes I feel like I am going to turn into a cauliflower because, of course, it’s in nearly every low carb meal.
Pretty Little Things
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
Low Carb Asian Beef Salad Recipe
Asian Beef Salad
- 8 ounces 96% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 2 ounces thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lettuce
- 1 tablespoon roasted hulled sunflower seeds
- Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Saute the beef in a hot iron skillet until almost done.
- Add the green pepper, celery, jalapeno, and dried onions.
- Continue to saute until the beef is done.
- Add the sauce mixture and turn the heat to low.
- Saute until the vegetables are tender, stirring constantly - about 2 minutes.
- Place the slice cabbage and lettuce on a plate.
- Top with the beef and sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds
If you liked this recipe you might also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right: American Goulash, Crispy Taco Bowl, Spicy Beef Lo Mein