This is an easy low carb biscotti recipe with pecans, chocolate chips, and a buttery caramel flavor. These come out right even if you’ve never tried to make biscotti before. These crumbly cookies are perfect for a filling snack with a cup of coffee. Personally, I like them for breakfast!
For this recipe you’ll need: almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, erythritol, stevia blend sweetener, baking powder, pecans, sugar free chocolate chips, sugar free caramel coffee syrup
I love my biscotti recipe. It’s no too sweet and seems like it lasts forever. I decided to see if I could make it low carb so I’d have a little something to nibble on with my afternoon coffee.
Omigosh, do any of y’all crash hard about 2 pm? I don’t know if it’s my schedule (I get up at 4:30 am and go to the gym) or my body chemistry but dang! Sometimes I’ll be sitting here on the computer and just nod off. Next thing I know the computer screen if filled with gibberish – a cacophony of letters and symbols where I’ve hit keys in my sleep. And yes, I know cacophony refers to sound but in this case the word described the situation perfectly.
I’m just happy that I don’t publish the stuff in my sleep!
I was skeptical that good biscotti could be made low carb. There’s so much more than just the flavor to consider. I’ll admit that I am not 100% happy with the texture of these – they just didn’t get crunchy enough for my tastes. I’m going to continue to fool with them and see if I can get them crunchier. I’ll update the recipe at that point but in the meantime these low carb biscotti are yummy with just a touch of chocolate and caramel flavor.
You can dip these low carb biscotti in your espresso without any problem – believe me I tested it several times. They do absorb moisture from the air so keep them tightly covered.
YOU MAY NEED?
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
I love using Torani sugar free syrups to sweeten and flavor my low carb recipes. This is a great deal for the 3 flavors I used most. The flavors are strong and always stay true after they’re baked. Xanthan gum helps give baked goods a better texture when there’s no gluten. It makes ice creams creamier, thickens sauces… there’s lots of ways to use it so it probably won’t be just sitting in your pantry. It lasts forever, too.
Low Carb Biscotti Recipe
Low Carb Biscotti: Caramel Chocolate Chip
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted in a 350F oven for 5 minutes or until golden
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour plus more for shaping the dough
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup butter cut into cubes and stick in the freezer for a few minutes.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar free caramel coffee syrup such as Torani
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Fit a stand mixer with a paddle.
- Blend the almond flour, stevia blend, pecans, erythritol, sugar free chocolate chips, coconut flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- With the mixer on low add the butter a little at a time until it is well blended.
- Add the egg and caramel syrup.
- Remove from mixer and place on a piece of parchment or silicone sheet dusted with coconut flour.
- Form into a loaf about 2 inches high and 10 inches long.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with a silicone sheet or parchment.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the temperature down to 300F.
- Let cool 30 minutes.
- Slice crosswise into 16 biscotti.
- Place on baking sheet cut side down and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the biscotti over and bake about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
If you liked this low carb snack recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right (all low carb): Spicy Italian Parmesan Flaxseed Crackers, Scottish Shortbread, Vanilla Bean ?Sugar Cookies