A low carb Caramel Macchiato is a lot easier to make than you might think. I usually just dump everything in together since I am making it for just me but if I am making one for someone else I’ll take the extra two minutes to make the froth and add the syrup. It tastes the same either way, as far as I’m concerned.
For this recipe you’ll need: coffee, heavy cream, sugar free caramel syrup, and Stevia.If you are in a hurry, feel free to Jump to the Recipe
The real secret to any coffee beverage is good coffee – duh.
I have a La Cafetiere Stainless Steel Coffee Press and I recommend it very highly. Pressed coffee is way better than drip but we’ll get to that later. The real benefit to a stainless steel press is that they don’t break. I went through four glass presses before I got this one and I love it. It keeps the coffee hot, too.
So, why is pressed coffee better than anything else?
Well, a big part of the reason is that there are no paper filters. The filters absorb the oils that are naturally present in the coffee and guess where the flavor is? Yep. In the oils.
Another reason the coffee is better is that the ground beans steep in 197F water – at least in my house they do. That is what I consider to be the perfect temperature for making coffee. Picky? Me? Not at all.
It goes without saying that you need to get good whole bean coffee and grind it when you are ready to make your low carb caramel macchiato.
Now, when you get your heavy cream please read the ingredients! I’d love to find one that didn’t have carrageenan but I haven’t been able to. Still, Promised Land has just carrageenan while many other brands contain mono and diglycerides, as well as polysorbate 80. Keep it as simple as possible.
That’s it. Your very own, low carb coffee goodness whenever you want.
Table of Contents
Low Carb Caramel Macchiato
- 16 ounces strong coffee
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Torani sugar free caramel syrup
- Pinch of white stevia if desired
- Walden Farms 0 Carb Caramel Syrup optional
To Serve Hot
- Start with a good, freshly ground coffee.
- Pour hot water into your coffee cup to warm it.
- Pour out the hot water.
- Heat the heavy cream until it bubbles around the edge.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the cream to the cup.
- Add the syrups and the stevia if desired.
- Pour in the coffee and stir.
- Whisk the remaining tablespoon of cream until it is frothy and spoon on top of the coffee.
- Drizzle with caramel syrup.
- Serve hot.
To Serve Cold
- Pour all ingredients over ice in a non-breakable cup.
- Cover with stevia sweetened whipped cream and the Walden Farms 0 Carb syrup if desired.
If you like Low Carb Caramel Macchiato you may also like…
Click on the picture or the name of the recipe to go straight to it, Low Carb Chocolate Pound Cake, Raspberry Almond Crumble Tea Cakes, Low Carb Cheese Danish Muffins.