Very low carb, this pecan olive spread is rich and creamy, salty and just right for anytime you need a snack. It’s yummy on low carb crackers or as a dip for your favorite veggies! Perfect fat bomb for cravings that just won’t go away.
For this recipe you’ll need: pecans, pimento stuffed olives, onion, cream cheese, heavy cream, Louisiana Hot Sauce, parsley, and smoked paprika.
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the low carb pecan olive spread.
I use a lot of recipes from my antique and vintage cookbook collection. I find that those old recipes are usually easy to make with common ingredients. So many of them are pure comfort food!
People used to eat a very different diet that we do now. It was lower in carbs and higher in fats and proteins plus there wasn’t nearly as much processed food. It wasn’t until the 1980s that we were assured that low fat and high carb was the way to fight heart disease.
So these old cookbooks are full of recipes that use bacon, heavy cream, and butter. There are countless recipes for fresh vegetables and unique dips and spreads like this pecan olive spread.
I never would have thought of mixing up pecans and olives but it works! The briny olives cut through the richness of the cream cheese and pecans and balance it all beautifully.
You can use this as a spread for celery or low carb crackers, add a touch more cream and use it as a dip, or chill it and roll balls of the chilled mixture in parsley for a yummy fat bomb.
Table of Contents
Pecan Olive Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup shelled pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives with pimentos
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Couple of drops of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Fresh parsley
- Smoked paprika
- Pulse the pecans until they are chopped.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Pulse the onions until they are chopped.
- Remove to the bowl.
- Pulse the olives until they are chopped.
- Remove to the bowl.
- Pulse the cream cheese in a food processor until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and the hot sauce and pulse until blended.
- Stir in the pecans, green olives, and onions.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and smoked paprika