There is nothing that can pull me off a low carb diet faster than a trip to the pizza place. “Ha!” You say, “why would you even go there and tempt fate?”
Well because I have a family that eats all kinds of food and when they want pizza they want pizza. And they want pizza a lot.
For this recipe, you’ll need: Dough: cauliflower, garlic, basil, oregano, smoked paprika, egg, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cornmeal, and salt. Pizza: marinara, olives, artichoke hearts, grilled chicken, crushed red pepper flakes, and mozzarella cheese.If you are in a hurry, feel free to jump to Jump to the Recipe
So, everyone was craving pizza and I had pizza dough out on the counter ready to roll on Friday night. You know the kind of mood I was in, right? Looking at their pizza dough, looking back at my billionth hamburger…
I found a low carb pizza dough recipe!
I know it sounds really weird but it works. You can slice the pizza and pick it up and everything. I am not going to say that it’s exactly like pizza because that would be lying but it does taste awesome and it does kill that pizza craving.
I topped this one with smoked chicken breast, artichokes, and black olives. OMG, it was delicious. You can top yours with whatever you want, just make sure that you are not going over the wall with your carbs.
Table of Contents
Tips for Making Low Carb Pizza:
- You don’t have to roast the cauliflower but I liked the toasty flavor that came from the roasting.
- The crust, all by itself, has 3.4 net carbs per serving. You’ll add a few carbs with everything you put on it so be careful.
- You can probably cut the carbs by making it thinner/bigger/more servings. There are 13.6 net carbs in the whole recipe so divide that by the number of servings you get out of it.
- If you bake it on a pizza stone you’ll get a nice crispy crust. You can also used an oiled baking sheet.
- Adjust the herbs to your own tastes. They don’t add calories or carbs.
- Don’t skimp in the salt!
Keto Smoked Chicken Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Low Carb Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Cornmeal for dusting the stone will be discarded
- 1/3 cup marinara
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup grilled chicken tossed in a little liquid smoke
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper optional
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- Spread cauliflower on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and roast in a 475 degree oven for five minutes or until golden. Stir often.
- Let cool.
- Rub cornmeal on the pizza stone and then brush all of it off and discard. This will help the dough not to stick
- Add the garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and paprika and mix well.
- Add the cheese
- Beat the egg and add it to the ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pat the dough out on your pizza stone and bake at 425F for about 10 or 15 minutes or until golden. (turn the oven down to 375F)
- Spread the crust with sauce.
- Cover it with the Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle on the olives, artichoke hearts, and chicken.
- Add the crushed red pepper if desired.
- Bake at 375F until cheese bubbles and melts.
If you liked this Keto Smoked Chicken Pizza with Cauliflower Crust, You May Also Like
Click on the picture or the name of the recipe to go straight to it, Low carb waffles, Almost Migas, Keto Egg Parmesan.
1 thought on “Smoked Chicken Pizza (Induction)”
One word, PIZZA !!!