This low carb cinnamon raisin bread is the perfect addition to your bacon and eggs! It’s sweet, spicy, and fragrant just like the real thing. The raisins are chopped small to ensure the most flavor for the least amount of carbs. While you can leave them out, the raisins add less than 1 full net carb to the recipe. You might as well add them and enjoy the flavor!
For this recipe you’ll need: egg white, coconut flour, almond flour, flax meal, sugar free sweetener, ground cinnamon, baking powder, butter, and raisins.
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the low carb cinnamon raisin bread recipe.
Table of Contents
Does cinnamon raisin bread have sugar?
I don’t really love foods that are high in protein. I’ll eat meat because I need the nutrients it supplies me but I spent years being a vegetarian and I prefer fruit, vegetables, and grains to animal products. I’d much rather have toast or oatmeal (or I don’t really love foods that are high in protein. I know, that must sound crazy being I’m on a low carb, keto lifestyle. I’ll eat meat because I need the nutrients it supplies me but I spent years being a vegetarian and I prefer fruit, vegetables, and grains to animal products. I’d much rather have toast or oatmeal (or donuts!) for breakfast and forgo the eggs. Give me a salad over a steak any day of the week.
So, it’s been a goal for me to create low carb copies of the foods I love. Like turning cinnamon raisin bread into low carb cinnamon bread with raisins. If you remove the raisins, I think this cinnamon bread could be called keto cinnamon bread as the carbs drop. Without the chopped raisin, it’s under 4 net carbs that totally works for my low carb lifestyle.
My trick to making this low carb bread recipe is to substitute wheat flour with t coconut flour and almond flour. Further, I toss the sugar and use a sugar substitute
I think this bread is best sliced and toasted. Coconut flour can give baked goods a dry texture in your mouth and toasting this low carb bread helps with that a lot. Plus toasting cinnamon bread always gives it more flavor. Best of all, it makes the butter melt into the little cracks and crevices. And don’t forget the cinnamon and butter smells that will waft through the house.
Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Bread Tips
- This is considered a “quick bread” as I use baking powder as a leavening agent. This makes it much faster to make.
- The recipe is sized for one serving. If you want to make more, I found that I just multiplied everything by the amount of mugs I want to serve.
- Make sure to whisk the egg white until it’s foamy, but not stiff like meringue.
- If you want to remove the raisins, you can try to use dried cranberries after rehydrating them in a some water and a sugar substitute of your choice.
- Toasting the bread slices and adding butter or cream cheese takes this recipe to the next level of flavor.
Coconut flour, flaxseed meal, and almond flour stand in for wheat flour in this recipe. For my baking and cooking needs, these are staples in my pantry. Best of all, without wheat flour, this keto bread is gluten free.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Nutritional Info
How many carbs are in homemade cinnamon raisin
Low Carb Cinnamon Bread
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar free sweetener cup for cup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped raisins optional
- Grease a coffee mug – tall and narrow is best.
- Mix the coconut flour, flax, almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon, and baking powder together.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy.
- Add the coconut flour mixture and butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Quickly stir in the chopped raisins if you’re using them.
- Spoon into a greased coffee mug.
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice into 4 slices.
- Toast the slices and spread with butter or cream cheese.
If you liked this low carb cinnamon raisin bread recipe you may also like…
And these similar low carb recipes from some of my favorite bloggers…
2 Minute Low Carb English Muffin Sugar Free Mom
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread All Day I Dream About Food